REMINDER NOTE: Not for phones, tablets, computers, or any other device which supports connecting to networks with a username and password on QUINCY.
Significant changes will be made to the functions of the wifi in all QU residence halls. The HawkNet network will be replaced by a new network called QUCONSOLES. All devices which were formerly connected to HawkNet or to the old QUCONSOLES will need to be connected to the new network, or they will cease to function. Devices like phones, tablets, and computers can still be connected to the QUINCY network, as before.
In order to connect a device to the QUCONSOLES network, you will need to register your device in our new Device Registration Self-Assistance Portal. You can do this before Wednesday, and I recommend that you do so in order to avoid disruption of service. I have included instructions below for how to register a device.
1) Connect your phone, tablet, or laptop to the QUINCY network.
2) In a web browser, go to clearpass.quincy.edu and log in using your QU login information (the same username and password you use to log in to my.quincy.edu)
3) After logging in, navigate to the Create Device page. On a computer, this will be in the sidebar on the left of the screen. On mobile, you will need to click Back to Main at the bottom of the page, then Create Device. See the screenshots below for directions:
LOOK OF ARUBA ON DESKTOP
LOOK OF ARUBA ON MOBILE DEVICES
4) Locate your device's MAC address. The MAC address is found in a different place on every device. You can usually find the MAC address in the device's network settings. You may also be able to find it on a sticker on the device. A MAC address is different from an IP address, and it usually looks like 1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F. Each device will have a unique MAC address. I have included links to instructions for finding the MAC address on a few common device types at the bottom of this email. You can generally find the location of your device's MAC by Googling it with a search like "Playstation 4 MAC address location".
5) Register your device in the Create Device portal area. Fill in the required blanks and click "Create".
6) Repeat this process for all devices you wish to connect to QUCONSOLES. You can check what devices you've already registered by clicking on Manage Devices.
If you need assistance connecting your devices, you can contact the IT department by email at email@example.com or by phone at 217-228-5250.